Sign Up for the Playland Reconstruction Project!
The Department of Community Outreach and Service Learning at Saint Vincent College would like to invite all students, faculty, staff and alumni to and help rebuild the Latrobe Playland.
Playland was built by the Latrobe Area community in 1992 and serves as a safe and relaxing area for children and their families to play and enjoy the outdoors. During the past year, the structure suffered fire damage. The rebuilding of this beloved wooden Playland will take place between April 23 and 28, with Team Saint Vincent participating over the weekend of April 26-27.
- You must be at least 14 years old to participate in the volunteering efforts.
Latrobe-Unity Parks and Recreation Commission will be providing two meals - a lunch from noon to 12:30 p.m., and a dinner from 4:30 to 5 p.m.
- There will also be snacks and drinks available during the build.
- Child care will be provided from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. - the child does need to be potty trained, but Latrobe-Unity Parks and Recreation Commission will be providing games, story time and small projects for the kids to do.
- You should plan to arrive about 15 minutes before your shift to check in and sign the necessary paperwork.
- There will be a first aid station.
- You may bring your own safety equipment: gloves, eye protection, hats - BUT ABSOLUTELY NO TOOLS!!
Jessica Adams of the Office of Service Learning and Community Outreach, Nick Killen of the Student Government Association Executive Board, Craig Shevrick of the Latrobe-Unity Parks and Recreation Commission, and Br. Norman Hipps, O.S.B., President of Saint Vincent College introduce the Playland Rebuild to student volunteers.